Fri 7 July 11:00 AMEnroll Now Filling fast
Mon 18 September 11:00 AMEnroll Now Filling fast
Tue 21 November 11:00 AMEnroll Now Filling fast
Mon 15 January 11:00 AMEnroll Now Filling fast
The PD Training Advanced Skills for Elite Personal and Executive Assistants training course teaches you how to develop the competencies for the advanced skills and flexibility needed to effectively provide a higher level of administrative and executive assistance.
After completing this course, you will have learned how to develop and enhance your social intelligence and flexibility to adapt to the manager’s working style, the capability to represent your manager if necessary, office and people management skills, meeting scheduling, effective screening of visitors, incoming calls and reports, the importance of confidentiality and much more.
This is a practical class that is suitable for all audiences and provides people with the tools that they can apply on-the-job (and in other contexts) the very next day.
This is an instructor-led class that you can attend from home or your office.
We use secure Video Conferencing with interactive features such as live polling, screen sharing, whiteboards, live chat and breakout sessions. Please discuss your preferred platform, most commonly we use Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Webex or Zoom upon request.
These courses are facilitated in English, and are open to people from different industries in all countries especially across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Papua New Guinea - this is a short but powerful learning experience that gives you global collaboration opportunities.
Our trainers and processes have been refined to give you a personalised learning experience where it is specifically targeted to your needs see our outcomes in the reviews.
**Please note, these classes run to a very tight schedule, please follow the invitation and join the class 10-minutes prior to commencement so you are ready to participate and don't miss a minute!
Course SummaryCourse Outline (PDF)
- 3-hour online instructor-led course
- Live Online interactive session with an internationally experienced Expert Trainer
- Small classes, average 5 people, max 20
- Certificate of Completion (always available in the App)
- Comprehensive courseware available in the App
- Globally recognized REACH profiling tool
$USD350.00 per person
Your Learning Outcomes
After completing this course, participants will have learned to:
- Adapt to the manager’s needs and style of working
- Take initiative when needed
- Develop basic business acumen
- Listen actively
- Represent your manager
- Handle difficult people and situations
1. Working with your Manager
- REACH Review – Communication Evolution Tool
- Ok So That’s Thinking and Doing…. How About Communicating?
- Adjusting Your Style for a Better Approach:
2. Handling Difficult and Demanding People in the workplace
- Four General Intents Shaping Behaviour
- What Drives Behaviour
- Coping Techniques for Difficult and Demanding Managers
- 7 Types of Difficult Managers and Colleagues to Manage
3. Negotiation with Multiple Managers v’s Tasks, Tasks v’s Manager’s
- Should I Negotiate or Say 'NO' to the Task
- Should I Say 'YES' to the Person but 'NO' to the Task
4. Work – Life Balance
- Distress versus Eustress?
- Causes of Stress
- 4 Major Signs and Symptoms of Stress
- Are you fueling the fire?
- Control your Cortisol
Very practical course, didn't get bored. Trainer was able to understand the difficulties I was experiencing at work and give me practical tips going forward. Small group was excellent - everybody had chance to speak.
- Sisters of St. Joseph
I walked away with so many things most of all feeling I am already a good PA. I learnt new things I can implement, things I can stop doing and things I can pass on to other PA's to help them. All in all, a fantastic day and Andrew was a fantastic facilitator which helps in a big way. Thanks PD Training for offering such a great course.
- National Australia Bank
I think that the course was terrific. Our trainer Anne was fantastic, extremely personable and knowledgeable. I think that we really benefited from having a small group and the discussions were very useful. It was handy to have a physical copy of the manual to take notes of our discussions which we can refer back to in the future. I would definitely recommend the course.
- Shelston IP
Jen was a very interactive trainer with an enormous amount of experience. She was one of the best trainers I have engaged in many years and would happily recommend her.
- Leidos Australia
My trainer was great and I came away with many things from the day that will really benefit my everyday tasks and time management. I also learnt a lot about the different type of "personalities" there are and how to communicate/deal with these people. I find this a valuable tool. Really happy with the final result.
- Merrylands RSL
Alex was a great and positive influence throughout the whole day. She had great facts and activities that were not included in the work book and were really helpful add-ins. The day was beneficial, educational and very enjoyable, and a great deal of that is not only from the course work, but our instructor as well.