Congratulations, your great cover letter and resume (CV) has won you the covetted interview. You have won the battle, but the interview is still to come. Now is not the time to relax, but rather time to prepare.
When you’re attending an interview, what are the areas you should focus on?
The PD Training Job Interview Skills Training Course provides professional training in preparing you for your interview, in helping you to perform your best during your interview.
This course guides you through preparing for your job interview and making positive impact during the interview, so that you can secure that position. You will receive your own Personal Interview Coach report, which will assist you to develop your strengths, suggest types of roles that will likely be a good match for you and how to position yourself well in interviews. This course also includes mock interview role plays to provide you with the confidence to go win THAT job!
This dynamic and practical training course is now available online, live with one of our skilled trainers in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia and USA.
Please click on the Public Class tab below to view our Job Search and Application Skills Training course schedule or click the In-House Training tab to receive a free quote for courses delivered to your team or group.
Course SummaryCourse Outline (PDF)
- 3-hour online instructor-led course
- Live Online interactive session with an internationally experienced Expert Trainer
- Small classes, average 5 people, max 20
- Certificate of Completion (always available in the App)
- Comprehensive courseware available in the App
- Globally recognized REACH profiling tool
$USD350.00 per person
Your Learning Outcomes
After completing this program, you will have the necessary knowledge and skills to search for the perfect job for you.
After completing this course, participants will have learned to:
- Understand the various types of interviews, including attending online interviews
- Making a first great impression
- Understand the range of nonverbal behaviours that comprise ‘body language’
- Understand the nuances of handshakes and touch
- Know how to make a great first impression and how to dress appropriately
- Understand how your personal style influences your body language
- Match body language to words
- Develop skills to give perfect interviews
1. Networking Skills
- What is Networking?
- Getting a Conversation Started
- But I'm So Nervous!
- Wrapping Up and Moving On
2. Skills for Success
- Being Organised
- Becoming a Punctual Person
- I Can Do This!
- Important Etiquette Points
- What is your body language saying about you (REACH)
3. Understanding the Interview
- Types of Interviews
- What to Expect
- About Behavioral Questions
- About Knowledge Questions
4. Interview Skills
- Dressing for Success
- Answering Questions
- Asking Questions
- Following Up
The course was quite helpful for me in learning the job search process.
Most useful was using the essential criteria in your summary statement and highlights - basically what to include in a cover letter, resume! It was all very useful.
Great trainer, approachable, knowledgeable, professional and fun.
I found the course really helpful. The first half of the course was related to building your CV and I found this really useful. Thanks.
- Wesley Mission Victoria
My staff found this course to be useful and Noel was responsive to each of their needs.
Leigh adapted the course to suit the demographics of the people he was addressing. He made what I would consider a dry and mundane topic, very pleasurable, considering our circumstances... Some very helpful hints and direction were gained by all who attended. Well done Leigh!