In the new global economy, it is more important than ever to understand how cultural differences affect communication and perception in the workplace. Improving intercultural communication enhances an organisation's success by bringing together varied perspectives and implementing fresh ideas in the organisation.
In this fascinating Managing Workplace Diversity training course you'll be exposed to a number of key skills including understanding how biases and stereotypes affect our judgment, identifying personal baggage that can affect opinions, ways to discourage discrimination, cultural body language, dealing with complaints and choosing a course of action to be taken and much more!
These courses are facilitated in English, and are open to people from different industries in all countries especially across the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Papua New Guinea - this is a short but powerful learning experience that gives you global collaboration opportunities. Our trainers and processes have been refined to give you a personalised learning experience where it is specifically targeted to your needs.
We use secure Video Conferencing with interactive features such as live polling, screen sharing, whiteboards, live chat and breakout sessions. Please discuss your preferred platform, most commonly we use Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Webex or Zoom upon request.
These courses are facilitated in English, and are open to people from different industries in all countries especially across New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong - this is a short but powerful learning experience that gives you global collaboration opportunities. Our trainers and processes have been refined to give you a personalised learning experience where it is specifically targeted to your needs.
This fun, high-energy professional development training course is available in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia.
**Please note, these classes run to a very tight schedule, please follow the invitation and join the class 10-minutes prior to commencement so you are ready to participate and don't miss a minute!
Course SummaryCourse Outline (PDF)
- 3-hour online instructor-led course
- Live Online interactive session with an internationally experienced Expert Trainer
- Small classes, average 5 people, max 20
- Certificate of Completion (always available in the App)
- Comprehensive courseware available in the App
- Globally recognized REACH profiling tool
$USD350.00 per person
With over 10 years of leading successful sales teams, Darren is a leadership specialist, leadership coach, mentor and facilitator. He is also the host of 'The Exceptional Sales Leader Podcast', a podcast dedicated to empowering leaders to drive their leadership to an exceptional level, driving sustainable and replicable results. Darren recognises the need to build diverse & inclusive teams in today’s business environments, and how this diversity and inclusion can become a clear market differentiator. In this program, Darren will challenge you to consider your existing team structure, and develop specific strategies to embrace diversity and inclusion, to separate you, and your team, from the competition.
Your Learning Outcomes
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Learn about stereotypes & biases, how they develop, and gain insights into one's own perspectives
- Gain effective strategies for removing barriers to diversity in the workplace
- Communicate more effectively in a diverse population
- Learn the importance of non-verbal communication
- Master ways of encouraging diversity in the workplace while discouraging and preventing discrimination
- Learn how to respond to personal complaints & develop a support system to manage this resolution process
- Gain a professional approach to record, analyse and resolve situations involving diversity
- Learn how to create a mechanism of prevention to reduce negative or discriminating situations and to keep them from repeating
1. Understanding Stereotypes
- Stereotypes vs. Biases
- Identifying Your Baggage
- Understanding what this Means
2. Breaking Down the Barriers
- Changing your Personal Approach
- Encouraging Workplace Changes
- Encouraging Social Changes
3. Verbal Communication Skills
- Listening and Hearing: They aren't the same thing
- Asking Questions
- Communicating with Power
4. Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Body Language
- The Signals you Send to Others
- It's not WHAT you say, It's HOW you say it
5. Being Proactive
- Encouraging Diversity in the Workplace
- Preventing Discrimination
- Ways to Discourage Discrimination
Christine was engaging Course very relevant to what I do professionally.